"Oooh."
"Mmmm."
"Fabulous."
"Killer."
"These are MY muffins, right?"
"Awesome."
Seriously, they are THAT good.
I love persimmons and I was a little afraid that I would waste 6 precious persimmons on a mediocre recipe...but this is well above mediocre. The cognac adds a great touch, the persimmon adds a subtle sweetness, and they are nice and moist like a muffin should be!
The recipe is for 2 loaves of bread, but I made 12 muffins and 1 loaf...we are a muffin family.
Persimmon Bread (or muffins)
3½ cups sifted flour
1½ teaspoons salt
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 to 2½ cups sugar
1 up melted unsalted butter and cooled to room temperature
4 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
2/3 cup cognac
2 cups persimmon puree (from about 4 squishy-soft Hachiya persimmons)
2 cups walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped (optional...I didn't use nuts)
1 cup raisins (or other dried fruit, chopped)
Grease loaf pans or line muffin tins with paper.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift the first 5 dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center then stir in the butter, eggs, liquor, persimmon puree then the nuts and raisins. Bake the bread for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The muffins bake for about 25 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment