Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful.

I'm thankful for...

...my family and friends. Obviously.
...a healthy body and all important limbs.

...the hugs of students and their genuine delight in seeing me at school.
...Trader Joe's vanilla cinnamon black tea (but it really should be sold year-round).

...a working car heater. Driving with the heater blasting is my favorite.
...the month of November. It's the best month.

...good music.
...cell phones, texting, and Skype. But Skype, most of all.

...a mom who taught me how to bake/cook and how to be on time.
...a dad who taught me how to laugh in any situation.
...a brother who taught me that it's always best to look at what you're eating because you never know what's hiding in your food.

I'm pretty sure that I can say, without a doubt, that Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year. Especially in Santa Barbara.
Sleep in, take a long walk in the morning all bundled up but still enjoying the sun, hang with the fam, play a few competitive games of ping-pong, laugh a lot, play a few more games of ping-pong, try (in vain) to beat my brother, laugh some more, eat good food, play games, eat delicious dessert, talk, and laugh. Ah, I love Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment