Friday, September 2, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

I have been reading a book by Ann Voskamp called One Thousand Gifts.
A friend told me it would change my world and my perspective. I shrugged off that comment because I hear that all the time with books and I don't necessarily always feel like my world was rocked.

But let me tell you, my perspective on life is being altered while reading this one.

It sounds cheesy to my own ears to write that sentence, but it's true.

This book is reminding me to be thankful for what I have, to be thankful for where I am, and to live fully right where I am.
There is joy in so many of the little (and big) things in life and God blesses us with gifts that remind us of those joys. But, going even further, God also blesses us with gifts with which to extend joy to others...and this is something I want to apply and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment