When teaching, I get to meet all kinds of children.
Some are awesome, some test my patience, some are funny, some aren't so funny, some are sweet, and others should have gotten an hour more of sleep.
It is a blast.
But my favorite part of all? Attendance.
Hands-down, one of the best parts of substituting (okay, I am exaggerating a little...) comes in the first 10 minutes of being in the class. I get to take attendance and hear the names of the students.
What were the parents of these children thinking?!?
I apologize in advance if you are reading this and have named your child one of the said names...but seriously?
You may need to take a few minutes to prepare yourself because some of these are absolutely ridiculous.
Love (boy). No joke, his name was Love...L-O-V-E.
October (girl).
July (boy). And, yes, he was born in the month of July.
Cupcake (girl). I kid you not. This poor girl was named CUPCAKE. Does she have a sister named Muffin? I will never know; I didn't have the heart to ask.
Dragon (boy). I can't even comment on this one.
Epic (boy). When he came out, his dad must have said "Dude, epic!" and the nurse mistook it as his name...?
Justice (girl). If you can't find justice in the world, just name your daughter Justice so at least you can find Justice in your house.
No comments:
Post a Comment