I could attempt to eat persimmons by the dozen (I really like them), but I would rather NOT turn my skin orange so I turn to baking. These cookies are pretty fabulous.
Persimmon Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup persimmon puree
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon (generous, as always)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Cream sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs. Add persimmon puree and stir until combined.
Sift dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, slowly, about one third at a time. Mix until flour is just incorporated.
Lay out plastic wrap on a smooth surface. Place dough on the plastic wrap, creating a long cylindrical log. Wrap the dough completely with the plastic wrap and freeze for a few hours until frozen or almost frozen.
Remove dough from the freezer and, using a serrated knife, cut 1/4" thick rounds. Place cookie dough rounds on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 10-14 minutes (depending on thickness of cookie dough) until cookies spring back when lightly touched.
When cookies have cooled, frost with the following powdered sugar/persimmon glaze:
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. persimmon puree
No comments:
Post a Comment