Monday, January 18, 2010

Rain, rain, rain.

Agree or disagree? Santa Barbarans lose all driving sanity and common sense when the rain starts to fall. Agree.
Agree or disagree? True Santa Barbarans don't use umbrellas. We just run for it. Agree.
Agree or disagree? Rain is wonderful because everyone wants to talk about the weather all the time anyways. Agree.
Agree or disagree? All the cool kids have rainboots. Disagree...and agree. Jordan doesn't have rainboots...but I do.
Agree or disagree? Coffee shops are more endearing when it rains. Agree.
Agree or disagree? Wet shoes and wet feet are some of the worst things. Agree...and yet I have seen 3 people running in the pouring rain so far today, so obviously this isn't a universal agreement.

There are two types of people in this world: those who love the rain and those who hate it.
I love the rain.
Today, as I was driving (with all the Santa Barbarans who can't drive) to an endearing coffee shop while wearing my rain boots, I was smiling the goofiest little grin because the rain is incredible! When it pours, it is beautiful. And then, without warning, it will just stop, a slice of blue sky will appear, the sun says "hello", and those who hate the rain sigh with relief...I, on the other hand, politely ask the sun to go away for a little while longer so we can have our beautiful green mountains back and enjoy a little more of the blustery storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment