Monday, August 2, 2010

RFKC

My voice may be raspy, my shoes coated in layers of dust, and my eyes heavy with tiredness (is that even a word??), but I would gladly drive back up the 154 and do camp for a second week if it was an option. Heck, I'd probably even do it for a third and fourth week.

I am so incredibly thankful that I was able to make it to Royal Family Kid's Camp this year. Seriously. For the past 4 summers I have been sad that I wasn't able to participate but I don't think I realized how MUCH I was missing it. Looking back, I'm not quite sure how I was able to go FOUR years without being at camp. I love teaching summer school, but nothing compares to spending 5 full days loving kids who have gone through unimagineable pain and pouring into them while they pour into you. I am definitely praying that in the summers to come, school will continue to get out in early June so that I can teach summer school before RFKC...otherwise, I'll just have to say no to summer school because RFKC is just a little closer to my heart. :)

The kids are sweet, funny, dramatic, wacky, goofy, thoughtful, spontaneous, wounded, hurting, energetic, innocent, amazing...and it breaks my heart that most of them are living with foster parents who don't genuinely care about them or that they are living a yo-yo life where they shuffle from foster home to foster home without consistent support and stability.

Pray for these kids.
And pray for the group of us who will continue to reach out to these kids through the Royal Friends' Club!!

1 comment:

  1. So true Kim! The children have changed us right? Thanks for giving, praying and believing for kids that need folks like you in their life.

    for the fatherless,

    g

    ReplyDelete