Tuesday, October 26, 2010

3rd graders, take III

There must be something in the air of this 3rd grade classroom...they are the only students who consistently interrogate me with some of the most random questions.
They must love me. Or something.

Today's dialogue:

"Miss Heinz, I have a question."
ME (thinking it was academic): Ok...
"Would you have a baby?"
ME (surprised): Uh, yes, someday.
"Do you already have a baby?"
ME: No.
"Do you have a husband?"
ME: No.
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
ME: No.
"Why not? Why don't you have a boyfriend? You're nice."
ME (laughing and not quite sure how to answer): Um, because the right person hasn't come along yet.
"Well, do you have a lamp?"
ME: Yes.
(Really? A lamp comes after boyfriend and husband?!? I guess that's the next best thing.)
"Is it a big lamp?"
ME: It's just a normal sized lamp. Wait, didn't Carlos already ask me all of these questions a few weeks ago?
"Yes, but I'm not Carlos!"

And then the questions started coming...
"Do you have a dog?
Do you have a yard?
Do you have a dad? A mom? Any brothers or sisters?
Does your brother hit you?" (WHAT?!? What kind of follow-up question is that?)

I love my job and the entertainment that it brings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment