My grandma, bless her, gave me the tools to make ravioli a few years ago as a Christmas present, but they have yet to be used.
I've made ravioli before and it's a complicated process...one that I told myself isn't quite worth it when you can buy really good fresh ravioli in the grocery store. BUT, I do have the tools and I should make use of them, right?
It's better late than never.
Me, myself, and I will gladly enjoy these little guys.
Feel free to invite yourself over. There's plenty to share.
(and no, I did not take the photo. I'm "borrowing" it from savorysimple.net)
Pumpkin Ravioli
Filling Ingredients:
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 shallot, diced
- butter
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t dried sage
- fresh grated nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne
Fresh Pasta
- 2 cups AP or cake flour
- 1 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 T olive oil
- semolina flour to prevent sticking
Brown Butter Sauce
Ingredients:
- 5 T unsalted butter (preferably European butter such as Plugra)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter and then slowly brown the milk solids. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Once the milk solids begin to brown, add the chicken stock and reduce the heat, allowing the sauce to simmer and thicken a bit.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment