Monday, July 20, 2009

Crushcakes

Today, I lost my "Crushcakes" virginity...wow, that sounds so awkward. My mom had a coupon (not a surprise to those who know my family!) for buy 3, get 1 free, so we finally gave in, drove the distance, picked flavors we thought would be tasty, and dove in. Of course, diving in means splitting each cupcake into fourths so that every family member gets a share so, needless to say, you make each bite last as long as possible!
We tried the Buttermilk Crumb Cake -- tastes like a cinnamon roll in a cupcake --, the Coconut Cloud, the Lemon Drop, and the Mud Pie (the special for the day). Moist, unique, flavorful, plenty of frosting, fantastic. If I had to choose a favorite, I would have to say that the best of those four was the Lemon Drop, but it was definitely a close race between that and the Mud Pie.
Expensive? Yes. Worth the $3 per cupcake? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment